News & Events

03 / April / 2017

Importing Personal Effects?

If so please be advised that further new procedures have come into place regarding the importation of Personal Effects into the UK, in addition to the new online application which replaced the C3 form. From 1st April 2017, all Personal Effects importers into the UK (from outside the EU) now need to obtain a Unique Declaration Number (UDN) prior to flying / sailing, from the following HM Customs link :

Once obtained the UDN must be listed on the air waybill / bill of lading at the time of departure. The importer should then save as a PDF and email to AND

Failure to complete this application will result in the consignee being responsible for paying full customs duties and taxes on their cargo. If the consignee is unwilling to pay duties/taxes, this will then result in their cargo being seized and destroyed without notice. The same application will need to be made for any persons transferring their private motor vehicle or bringing pets into the UK.

For further information. Simply email

We're endorsed by: